Jacqueline del Valle Vitti Frederick
The Frederick Law Firm – Nipomo, California Attorneys representing Santa Maria, San Luis Obispo, Lompoc and Beyond
Jacqueline Vitti Frederick
With over 30 years of experience as strong legal advocate, attorney Jacqueline Vitti Frederick has been a strong community leader among Nipomo lawyers, successfully representing a wide array of clients and businesses.
Originally from New York, New York, attorney Jacqueline soon relocated to the West Coast of Los Angeles where she became valedictorian at Immaculate Heart High School before continuing on to California State University, Northridge and California State University, Los Angeles.
While working three jobs to support herself, she attended the San Fernando Valley College of Law/University of LaVerne where she excelled and graduated in the top ten-percent of her class.
After obtaining her J.D., Jacqueline immediately joined the California Bar in 1980 and began work as an associate at Gould, Sayre and Chavez in Santa Monica where she successfully represented numerous clients in catastrophic injury claims and labor negotiations.
In 1984, she founded her own law firm in Los Angeles, concentrating on serious bodily injury cases and trial litigation. After a decade of successfully representing clients throughout Los Angeles County, Jacqueline moved her law firm offices to San Luis Obispo County and established the first law office in the town of Nipomo, California. Since that time, she has established a growing and thriving practice which serves the counties of San Luis Obispo and Santa Barbara, as well as surrounding California areas.
Jacqueline’s long and broad experience in the legal profession has allowed her to successfully represent clients in areas that have included complex torts, personal injuries, dog bite cases, wrongful deaths, sexual assault cases, motor vehicle accidents, premises liability, construction defects, products liability, real estate matters, business law, environmental law, agricultural law, fraud, employment and contract law.
Just a small sample of her notable cases includes:
- Negligence action arising out of the explosion of an oil tanker resulting in two deaths.
- Products liability case involving a pressure cooker explosion resulting in severe burn injuries to an employee.
- Wrongful death case resulting from medical malpractice where the victim was misdiagnosed with severe asthma rather than congestive heart failure.
- Personal injury accident against a major retail establishment involving premises liability.
- Personal injury accident wherein a minor was the sole survivor of a devastating auto accident.
- Personal injury case involving a faulty electrical switch resulting in electrocution and serious permanent injuries.
- Sexual assault cases on behalf of the victims.
- Personal injury dog bite case wherein postal carrier was attacked by three-pit bulls which caused permanent scaring.
- Personal injury action on behalf of minor child who was attacked on separate occasions by live-in tenant’s dogs, resulting in permanent injuries.
- Wrongful death of minor child who drowned in a pool while unsupervised.
- Personal injury case involving collapse of a deck, resulting in serious bodily injuries.
- Medical malpractice case involving failure to diagnose breast cancer.
- Claims against a notable foreclosure company for fraudulent foreclosure proceedings.
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) case involving a county land use ordinance.
- Real property partition actions between joint-owners of a property who wished to obtain separate ownership rights.
- Agricultural and water law case involving farmers and landowners accused of disrupting the natural water flows to an adjacent landowner.
In addition to her role as a fierce advocate and litigator, Jacqueline also continues to serve as a neutral mediator, arbitrator and judge pro-tem in order help parties resolve their disputes outside of court.
Jacqueline is fluent in English and Spanish, contributes regularly to the Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Association Journal, and dedicates many of her services pro-bono to various legal and civic causes in the communities she serves.
Areas of Practice:
- J.D. – San Fernando Valley College of Law (La Verne, CA – 1980)
Honors & Awards:
- President’s Achievement Award – Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Association, 1989 / 1990
- Board of Governors – Los Angeles Trial Lawyers Association, 1982 – 1990
- Business Person of the Year – Nipomo Chamber of Commerce, 1998
Memberships & Associations:
California State Bar; San Luis Obispo County Bar Association; Santa Barbara County Bar Association; Santa Barbara County Superior Court, Judge Pro Tem; California Consumer Attorney Association; San Luis Obispo County Women Lawyers Association; Santa Barbara Women Lawyers Association.